I am all for saving time, especially in the summer: who wants to be in the kitchen? This week’s recipes save time by sharing ingredients. Spend 5 extra minutes today for 3 meals instead of one!
I like to serve my Crab Mango Avocado Salad with Citrus Dressing at a luncheon or for dinner on [...]
Who would think that this “garnish herb” would offer such an abundance of nutritional value and virtually no calories? I try to throw it into my smoothies or salads every day – here’s why:
Parsley has one of the highest concentration of flavonoids of all foods. Flavonoids are a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound that provide [...]
You know it’s Spring when you see fresh asparagus. There is another reason why I love asparagus and that it is a delightful detox. Just when we need it after a long winter – do you think that is why Mother Nature brings it to us in spring? This week’s blog is all about Spring: asparagus, miso, a new Reboot, and my recipe for Mixed Greens Salad with Spicy Seared Scallops, Roasted Asparagus and Creamy Miso Dressing. [...]
As a Catholic, I am partaking in a peaceful week of reflection, penance and fasting as we prepare for Christ’s resurrection on Easter Sunday. The traditional name given to this week is Holy Week. It starts with Palm Sunday, followed by Holy Thursday, and Good Friday. I love the services and the quiet reflective quality [...]
St. Patrick’s Day has always been a favorite of mine. Wearing green, sipping a Guinness, and sharing a traditional Irish meal with the family. It’s all fun, but what is the day really about?
March 17this a day that we remember the remarkable St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, who actually had good reason [...]
My family loves Mediterranean meals !
The “Mediterranean Diet” has always been thought of as a good heart healthy diet and it just got another scientific thumbs up.
Here is how Dr. Ann Kulze, renowned authority in the areas of nutrition, healthy lifestyles and disease prevention, describes the study and it’s results:
I love September !! Although summer is one of my favorite times of the year, I enjoy what September brings to my life -a sense of order, and a new beginning. For me, it’s the perfect opportunity to create a new intention. – Like-Trying a new vegetable recipe each week! How about you ? Do [...]
My favorite Salmon Burger-No fillers -just Salmon!
This has been on of my Fav’s this summer!
Brush a Trader Joe’s Premium Salmon Burger with Soy Vay Teriyaki Sauce found at Trader Joes. You can make your own, but this is easier. I like this brand because it is made with fresh ingredients and [...]
Fresh, Colorful, and Packed with Super Star Nutrients!
One of the most glorious realities of modern medical science has been the recognition that we have enormous control over the rate at which we age. Indeed, only about 25% of the process is dictated by your genes – which means the remaining 75% is largely [...]