Teff-Almond Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Author: Denise Costello
Adapted from a recipe in Terry Walters' "Clean Eating." Gluten-, dairy-, egg- and soy-free, high in fiber and iron, these are the healthiest cookies I know! Makes 30 1-1/2 inch cookies
- 1½ cups teff flour (Bob’s Red Mill makes this, available at Whole Foods)
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup natural unsweetened almond butter (smooth or chunky)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (I love Enjoy Life mini-chips: gluten-, dairy- & soy-free chocolate!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl. Blend almond butter, almond milk and maple syrup in another bowl; pour wet ingredients over dry and blend until just combined – don’t over mix. Gently stir in chocolate chips. Drop batter by heaping teaspoon onto cookie sheet. Use a fork to make a cross-hatch design. Bake for 12-13 minutes – don’t over bake! Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.