Asparagus, Cherry Tomato & Avocado Salad
Author: Karina Hines
This salad has it all: awesome nutrients, good fat and beautiful colors. Plus, it goes with anything you put on the grill!
- 1 bunch asparagus, snap off woody end stems & cut into thirds
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 avocados, skinned, deseeded & diced
- 1 batch Karina’s Vinaigrette
- ½ lemon
- Bring saucepan of water to boil, add asparagus. Cook for just 1 minute, drain & refresh in cold water: this stops the cooking process and helps retain nutrients & crunch.
- In a bowl, add cherry tomatoes, asparagus & avocado.
- Dress with slaw dressing but don’t add seeded mustard, just Dijon + an extra squeeze of lemon juice. Stir gently.