Author: Karina Hines
- 2 lbs 85% lean ground beef – grass fed if possible – ground bison if you’re adventurous!
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 2-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 1 handful fresh herbs, chopped – rosemary, thyme, parsley, chives, basil, oregano
- 3-4 Tbs tomato paste
- Salt & pepper to taste to help bind together – egg, breadcrumbs or almond meal
- For zing – chilli flakes, paprika, cayenne, fresh ginger, lemon zest
- For zest – sundried tomatoes, feta, pinenuts or lemongrass, lime zest
- Mix all ingredients together, roll into burger shapes, cover & refrigerate until ready to cook.