Jicama Salad with Watercress Radishes & Chiles
Author: Denise Costello
So colorful and filled with the detoxing properties of radishes.
- 2 medium jicama (1 ½-2 pounds), peeled, sliced into ¼-inch thick sticks
- 1 cup red onion, slivered
- 1⅓ cup radishes, cut into julienne
- 1-2 jalapenos, stemmed, seeded, ribbed and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 bunches watercress, large stems removed, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbs cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs organic pure cane sugar
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- In a large bowl, gently toss jicama, red onion, radishes, chiles, watercress and cilantro.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, vinegar, sugar and salt until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Adjust seasonings and serve immediately.