Kale Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette and Toasted Macadamia Nuts
Author: Denise Costello
A basic kale salad that will win over even the most skeptical hearty-green newbie’s. Great to serve at a potluck because it can sit without getting soggy. It actually gets better after a night in the fridge! So make a double batch to have on hand.
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 bunches Tuscan kale (about 14 oz), ribs removed and leaves sliced into ¼-inch shreds
- ½ cup Grana Padano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, finely grated, plus shavings for garnish
- 2 Tbs macadamia nuts, toasted and finely chopped (or use walnuts)
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper flakes. Add kale and toss to coat. Let sit at room temperature for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Add grated cheese and toasted Macadamia nuts and toss.
- Garnish with shaved cheese before serving. Cover and refrigerate leftovers up to two days.