Mediterranean Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp
Author: Denise Costello
So what’s in a Mediterranean diet? Low in red meat, sugar, refined breads and highly-processed foods. Rich in fish, fresh fruit and vegetables, legumes, nuts, olive oil. Foods like poultry, eggs and low-fat dairy can be enjoyed in moderation. A quick, delicious heart-healthy meal.
- 5 large garden-fresh tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 3 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¾ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1½ pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup low-fat feta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place tomatoes in a large baking dish. Spoon olive oil and garlic over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and toss. Place on top rack of oven and roast for 20 min.
- Remove baking dish from oven and stir in the shrimp, parsley, and lemon juice. Sprinkle the feta and place back into oven for another 10- 15 minutes or until shrimp are cooked.
- Serve warm with crusty whole grain bread or over quinoa and a light refreshing salad.