Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cherries and Pistachios
Author: Denise Costello
This is a simple and satisfying winter "salad" & great for parties!
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbs Shire City Herbals Fire Cider* or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup shelled pistachios
- ½ cup dried sweet cherries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss Brussels sprouts and butternut squash on a rimmed cookie sheet with 1 Tbs of oil and ¼ tsp of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes, stir to mix, then roast for another 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard and remaining oil and salt. Stir in roasted Brussels sprouts, pistachios and cherries.
Denise's Tricks N' Tips
*For generations, New Englander's have taken a daily a tot of vinegar as a morning ritual. Why? Because unfiltered apple cider vinegar can help support immune function and digestive functions. I was recently turned on to locally-made Shire City Herbals Fire Cider (click to learn more). Love the kick and flavor -- it can be used in dressings and even cocktails!