Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Veggie Bowl with Lemon Parsley Dressing
Author: Denise Costello
So you see there is no need to fret when you have a guest’s with dietary restrictions there are plenty of delicious options – the bonus is that you may be inspired to crack open a cook book and try something new:)
- For the Salad
- 1 cup (quinoa, Brown wild rice mix etc.)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- a few sprigs of thyme, rosemary, what ever you like
- For the Lemon Dressing
- 1 bunch parsley (about 1 cup), minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- juice of one lemon (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Prepare the grains as directed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut up the cauliflower into small florets. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into 1-2 inch pieces. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add a few sprigs of thyme and rosemary. Roast for 20 minutes, stir, and roast for another 10-15 minutes until golden brown and soft.
- While the veggies are roasting, combine all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake. *Make an extra batch of dressing to have on hand.
- When the grains and vegetables are done, toss everything together.