Spinach and Chickpeas
Author: Amy Rindskopf
- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ cup gluten-free bread crumbs (we use Ian's brand Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs)
- Heat oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat.
- After a minute, add spices.
- Sauté for a minute, then add chickpeas.
- Stir for 2 minutes and add spinach.
- Cook until everything is heated through.
- Add vinegar, stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and add bread crumbs, mixing thoroughly.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes for flavors to blend then serve hot or at room temperature.