Vegan Roasted Parsnip Hummus Recipe
Author: Denise Costello
- 1 – 1 ½ pounds parsnips
- ¼ cup oil olive oil
- 1 head of garlic unpeeled
- Juice of one whole lemon
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt or Vegenaise for vegan option
- 1 heaping teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Wash, peel and cut your parsnips into 2 -3 inch pieces.
- Toss with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a cookie sheet
- Take your unpeeled head of garlic , cut the top off drizzle with olive oil , wrap in foil and place on cookie sheet along with the parsnip pieces.
- Roast in a 400 degree oven until browned on both sides, about 15 or 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Lining your cookie sheet or roasting pan with parchment paper significantly decreases clean-up time.) Let cool slightly.
- Puree parsnips and garlic in a blender or food processor with oil, tahini, cumin, and lemon juice,cilantro, Greek yogurt or Veganaise. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro