Power Egg Muffins Recipe
Author: Denise Costello
Power Egg Muffins
- 2 large omega-3 eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- ½ cup chopped low-sodium chickpeas
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk or organic low-fat milk
- Pre-heat oven to 400. Coat 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Mix ingredients in a blender. Fill the muffin tin ¾ way with the egg mix. Add whatever you like into each cup, creating your own mini-quiche.
- Some ideas:
- Spinach, feta cheese, tomato and basil
- Nitrate-free turkey bacon (Trader Joe’s has a great one) with low-fat cheddar cheese sprinkled on top
- Salsa and black beans
- Be creative and add whatever you like! This is especially fun for the kids.
- Bake until the eggs puff and are cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove the muffin pan and cool slightly before serving.
- Make extra and keep in the refrigerator or in the freezer, then reheat for a quick snack. Eat with toast or put in a wrap with greens and salsa or veggies.