One of the most glorious realities of modern medical science has been the recognition that we have enormous control over the rate at which we age. Indeed, only about 25% of the process is dictated by your genes – which means the remaining 75% is largely determined by YOU and the dietary and lifestyle choices you make over your lifetime.
Most of the time we think about what to take out of our diet or focus on the calories. Well now it is time to think about the power foods to add into your diet that will actually heal and triumph on the anti – aging front. If we do that our body will naturally stay lean, healthy and vibrant!
Spring bridging into summer is a great time to nourish our skin in preparation for the fun we will be having in the sun. Farmer’s Markets are opening and we are blessed with Mother Earth’s nourishing bounty! At this time of the year Watercress is something I’m putting in most of my salads and here is why –
Watercress is high in many minerals and in vitamins A, B1, B2, C and E. I know, watercress it is bitter! But it is totally worth the effort! The key is to mix a little bit at a time with other greens . It is high in the beauty minerals of sulfur, manganese, calcium and iron, and has a high level of iodine which balances our thyroids. In the mustard family, watercress acts as an internal skin antiseptic and skin cleanser, as well as helping to clean the blood and increase the circulation and delivery of minerals to all the cells of the body. So it is a great detox for the whole body. Wow! How’s that for such a small little plant!
Today I focused on just 1 of the many anti aging power foods that are in season now. Stay tuned as I introduce you to more delicious spring and summer power foods.
Here is a beautiful and delicious way to add Watercress into your diet . Start today by making this colorful salad inspired by my friend Jennifer. Simply Beautiful!