Quick Dark Chocolate Macaroons
Author: Denise Costello
Dark Chocolate Macaroons inspired by Terry Walters.
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (try Ghiradelli 60% Chocolate Chips) or 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 Tbs Goji berries (optional)
- Red Alaea Sea Salt from Soluna Garden Farm, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, combine coconut with salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together coconut milk, maple syrup and almond extract. Add to coconut and stir until evenly moist.
- Melt chocolate chips or chocolate in double boiler or in small pot over very low heat and pour into coconut mixture. Fold until evenly combined. Scoop batter by the tablespoonful and place on cookie sheet in equal-size mounds. Gently press to make each mound of sticks together. Sprinkle optional Red Alaea Sea Salt on top.
- Bake 15–18 minutes or until tops appear dry.
- Remove from heat and place on rack to cool.
Denise's Tricks N' Tips
For an extra anti-aging, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory punch, top the macaroons with a few goji berries when you remove them from the oven - adds a nice pop of color too!