Quinoa, Tomato Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Author: Amy Rindskopf
This light fresh side dish can be transformed into a protein packed entree by adding cannelloni beans
- 1 Box – 2 cups Quinoa
- ¼ cup fresh Lemon juice
- 3 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives chopped
- ½ cup of chopped parsley
- 1 pint (2 cups) grape tomatoes chopped and drained
- ¾ cup feta cheese (optional)
- 1 can drained small cannelloni beans drained (optional)
- Pour 4 cups water and Quinoa into a saucepan. Bring to a simmer, then cover and reduce heat. Cook about 12 minutes until water evaporated and Quinoa almost tender. Fluff with fork, transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- Whisk lemon juice, mustard, lemon peel and olive oil. Set aside 2 TBS of vinaigrette. Add remaining vinaigrette, onions, olives, and parsley to cooled Quinoa toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Can be made 1 day ahead – cover and refrigerate this portion separately.
- Toss tomatoes, beans (optional), and reserved vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper. When ready to serve mix tomatoes with Quinoa and mix in optional feta.