Rhubarb Cream Parfait with Strawberries & Granola Crunch
Author: Denise Costello
- 5 cups rhubarb, diced
- Juice and zest of one orange
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbs arrowroot or non-GMO cornstarch, dissolved in 2 Tbs water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 lbs Firm Silken Tofu
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ¼ cup Kind Cinnamon Oat Clusters Granola
- Place rhubarb in a medium pot over medium heat. Add orange juice and maple syrup, stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 6 minutes or until rhubarb starts to fall apart (2 minutes). Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and set aside.
- Wrap tofu in towels and press to remove excess water. Place in food processor and process until smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl and pulse briefly to whip all tofu. Add slightly cooled rhubarb mixture and pulse gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until cool.
- To assemble, combine strawberries and orange zest in a separate bowl. Spoon rhubarb cream in serving glass, top with strawberries and granola.