Berries with Lemon Parfait Recipe
Author: Denise Costello
Nothing says summer like fresh berries! This is a simple, delicious, not-too-sweet dessert that comes together in a matter of minutes. Berries with Lemon Cream Parfait Big hit at the Salter Healthcare Employee Health Presentation: Build A Better BBQ! Big hit at the Salter Healthcare Employee Health Presentation: Build A Better BBQ!
- ½ cup of each berry- blackberries, raspberries, strawberries
- 1 16-oz container of 1%-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 3-4 Tbs Dickinson’s Lemon Curd (in the jam section of most grocery stores)
- 2 Tbs Kashi Go Lean Cereal
- Mint for garnish
- 4 wine glasses
- Gently mix berries and set aside.
- Mix the yogurt, lemon
curdand cinnamon until well blended. Adjust amountof lemon curd based on how lemony you want your cream to taste.
- Layer parfait starting with lemon curd, followed by berries and repeat, ending with lemon curd. Sprinkle Go Lean cereal on top and garnish with mint.
Denise's Tricks N' Tips
If you have some of the curd or berries left over, add to some whey protein and a few ice cubes and you have a delicious protein shake –yum!