Chocolate Lover’s Tart
Author: Denise Costello
This Chocolate Tart – inspired by Terri Walters was a big hit so I wanted to share it with you. I encourage you to give it a try and you will discover that healthy food can be beautiful and delicious!
- Crust Ingredients
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup brown rice flour for gluten free version or an all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- Filling Ingredients
- 12 ½ oz silken tofu
- ½ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- For the topping use 1 6-oz block dark chocolate for shaving or peppermint candy chips.
- Crust: Combine pecans, rice flour, cacao and salt in a food processor and process until you have a crumb-like texture. Add oil and syrup and process to form a moist ball. Place ball in tart pan and press to form crust. Peirce several times with a fork and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and set on wire rack to cool completely.
- Filling: Whip tofu in food processor until smooth. Add cashew butter, syrup, vanilla, salt and process until well combined. In small pan over low heat,melt the chocolate chips, blend in the food processor until combined.
- Tart: Pour chocolate mixture into tart shell, smooth top with spatula and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. With a chef’s knife, shave chocolate from block, spread evenly over tart.
Denise's Tricks N' Tips
I hope these simple tasty recipes inspire you! Perhaps this is the year you get into the kitchen and create a gift from the heart. A gift that you not only share with your loved ones but also with someone in need.