Date Coconut Delights
Author: Denise Costello
- ¼ cup unsalted butter or Earth Balance for a vegan version
- ⅓ cup Real maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups chopped pitted dates (8oz)
- ⅛ teaspoons salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups toasted brown rice cereal
- 1 ½ cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- Combine butter, maple syrup, and dates in a saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly until the butter is melted, and the mixture is a shiny brown sticky mass. Remove from heat.
- Add salt, vanilla, cereal and 1 cup of coconut, stir well to combine.
- Cool in refrigerator until firm enough to handle. Shape into one inch balls. Roll ball in remaining ½ cup of coconut.
Denise's Tricks N' Tips
To save time, I press the mixture in a 9X9 pan, then drizzle melted dark chocolate Chips. Let set until firm then cut into squares and serve.