Maple-Glazed Salmon with Pineapple
Author: Denise Costello
A delicious way to get a good dose of those heart-healthy omega-3s.
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 4 6-oz salmon fillets
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup pineapple, chunks or slices
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- Pre-heat broiler. Whisk together maple syrup and mustard in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place salmon in a foil lined 9x13 baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Place the pineapple and jalapeno on top of the salmon. Brush the salmon with the syrup mixture. Broil for 5-7 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily. Serve the salmon and pineapple with the rice and drizzle with tablespoon of remaining glaze, if desired.
- Serve with a mixed green salad topped with walnuts, roasted pineapple, red onion and a sprinkle of crumbled blue cheese, dressed with a simple vinaigrette: