Kale with Shiitake Mushrooms
Author: Amy Rindskopf
- 2 tsp of grapeseed oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bunch lacinto kale, sliced crosswise into thin ribbons
- ½ pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced into thin strips
- 1 Tbs Tamari soy sauce (gluten-free)
- 1 tsp Ume plum vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Heat oil in medium frying pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and stir for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and stir for 1 minutes.
- Add kale and stir constantly, cooking until kale is coated with oil and beginning to wilt.
- Add soy sauce and 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Cook until kale is cooked through (add more water if kale or garlic are sticking to pan).
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with vinegar before serving.